- This event has passed.
Working as a Nutrition Professional Using a Non-Diet Approach
April 22 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
This event discusses how to work in the nutrition space using a non-diet approach. The talk will last three hours and has three different speakers (see below for lineup). All those who purchase a ticket to this event, will be sent a recording of the event, so you don’t have to miss out if you cannot attend live.
Intuitive Eating with Registered Associate Nutritionist Kacie Shoulders
(10am – 11am)
Intuitive Eating may be seen as one of the latest trends in nutrition, but it has been around since the 90s and is a structured framework you can use with your clients. This session will provide not only an overview of Intuitive Eating but some tips on how to use this framework with your clients without needing to be a specialist.
- Explain what is involved in the Intuitive Eating Framework
- Learn how to apply some of the Intuitive Eating Principles with your nutrition clients
Start with Why: Establish Your Professional Values to Make More Impact with Registered Associate Nutritionist Alex Okell
(11am – 12pm)
- Establish your professional values
- Learn how to use your values to guide your business
- How to confidently embody and radically embrace your values to make a change in the wellbeing industry
- How to have laser-focused messaging to attract aligned clients and repel those who don’t fit
Ditching Diet Culture and Improving Body Image with Registered Associate Nutritionist Scarlett Gilbart
(12pm to 1pm)
Looking into how we can lead by example of beating the dieting mentality as nutrition professionals, how this can be done for both professionals and clients, and the understanding why body image work is just as important
- Understanding what the dieting mentality is and where this came from
- How to unlearn the dieting mentality as a professional and how to help our clients
- Understanding the importance of body image work and how this goes hand in hand with the dieting mentality