- This event has passed.
Behaviour Change with Registered Nutritionist Dr. Gary Mendoza
July 25 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
This presentation will look at behaviour change from both a client’s perspective and a nutritionist’s perspective. Is you client ready to change and how to prepare them to make lifestyle changes. Looking at some simple tools that you might employ to help your clients make the change.
As a nutritionist what you do and say will have a profound impact on whether your client can successfully make a lifestyle change. Effective nutritionists will have certain skills and most of these can be learnt and developed. This presentation will consider what these skills consist of and how you can work on improving them.
On completion of this presentation nutritionists will be able to:
- Assess a client’s readiness to change.
- Understand how to set the scene for a client to enable successful lifestyle change.
- Be able to list the skills of an effective coach.
- Understand the general principles of motivational interviewing.
- Be able to plan how to develop their interpersonal skills.